Monday 7 May 2012

May 2012 - Favorite Product

Maybelline - The Colossal Volume Express Mascara - Cat Eyes












This mascara definitely deserves it's place as my (first!) favorite product of the month. I love trying new mascaras, and with so many on the market I think a girl can never have too many! I find myself reaching for this one daily when doing my own makeup which is always a good sign! The concave curve on the brush, combined with it's length make it (almost) perfect for sweeping all lashes upwards in one stroke. For a more dramatic effect you can focus the brush separately on the three sections of your eyelashes, inner, middle, and outer corner. For me personally, I think you can never have too many layers of mascara on, and I think that this one from the "Cat Eyes Collection" is a great all rounder. It can be used softly for those who prefer a more subtle approach to their peepers: 

Daytime look


Or for fellow mascara junkies like me, you will find it builds and layers really well also.

Heavier application


Honestly, I don't think it really hits the 7x more volume like they say in the advert, but hey, do they ever? :) Overall a great high street mascara

Price: 12.39
Size: 9.5ml
Rating: 4.5/5, I really can't fault it. Some minor drop-down and flaking, but after many hours of wear.
Would I purchase again? Most def!

Comparison shot

No comments:

Post a Comment